2010mar08. My site Phoneswarm died in 2006 for a number of reasons, one of them being that payphones that allowed incoming calls were rapidly disappearing from the landscape. I spoke with my friend who keeps Cardhouse alive about bringing Phoneswarm back, but with two additional features: 1) foreign payphones, and 2) other people. You would have had the option to get random calls, and the calls would have been routed through my own number, so no one would actually know anyone else’s number. Anonymous. I think the whole operation would have cost about twenty bucks a month. That was fun to talk about for a few months, then it died out and was filed in my super-meta-project Projects That Were Never Started/Finished which also has an entry for itself. What I should have done is shifted the medium of contact to video and called it something like "Dongroulette".
2010mar14. One thing that e-jackholes have been doing the last n years or so is making fake webpages then triggering a looksee on your domain, so the result shows up in your referer log. I guess what I’m seeing are those attempts to get trackbacks on weblogs, but since I don’t push that sort of junk, I’m the singular very special person that gets to see it. Today’s menu features lobsters. I replaced the term “lobster” with “spam.”
tinyflowers.com – http://frozen-spam-claw-recipes.wholesalespam.ca/81.html
phoneswarm.com – http://spam-back.wholesalespam.ca/98.html
macros2000.com – http://spamthermador.wholesalelivespam.com/48.html
cardhouse.com – http://wholesalers.wholesalespam.ca/2603.html
cardhouse.com – http://buying-live-seafood.wholesalespam.ca/216.html
cardhouse.com – http://blog.spampound.ca/1065.html
I don’t know, this all seems so tiring to me. Can I move into the woods somewhere? Does anyone have some woods? I could be a caretaker that slowly goes mad, talking to the trees. “Hello, trees!” Oh, how charming ... this olde caretaker is hilariously daft in the head. Have some of my lobster “thermador,” old man!
2010mar19. Friday. Get used to it, it keeps coming over and over. There’s nothing anyone can do. Don’t try to be a hero.
- Body Shop Comics
- Sushi Cat game. Pachinko-type with cut scenes. A lot of work went into this. The cat enjoys sushi.
- Craig Ferguson interviews Stephen Fry
5]. No audience.
- Reason: Weaponizing Mozart. Oh Britain. Look at what you have done. I’m sure we’ll catch up. We need to trade oppressive ideers, is what. We have tasers here. Do you have tasers? Sometimes they don’t kill people, that’s why they’re called “non-lethal.”
- Pictures for Sad Children: Guest Comic KC Green
- Ok Go: This Too Shall Pass. The Way Things Go-type with no cut scenes. A lot of work went into this. The men enjoy paint.
- A chronological list of CIA-backed atrocities. Part of the irreverent carefree breezy wheezytime here at Friday Freeday. This entry was prompted by this photo of Patrice Lumumba. I can never keep all of these coups straight in my head. Nous ne sommes plus vos macaques! Indeed.
- The State Protects You Volume [number redacted]: CIA doses the hell out of a French bakery [via boingboing]
- The fish ties itself in a knot. HAGFISH! I raise my glass to you, hagfish.
- Mayo Clinic command performance.
- Everybody get on board the audio train. [via metafilter]
- Newswipe season 2 episode 3 | 4 | 5 | 6. Only time for one? Attack episode 6 which is a summary of the season.